August 18th to 20th, 2017
Registration is now closed. Sign-on and packet pick up starts Friday August 18th at 4pm at the WestShore Velodrome.
Categories: Elite Men, Elite Women, Masters, U19 Junior Men and Women, U17M and U17W, U15 Boys and U15 Girls, U13 Boys and U13 Girls.
Check out the 2017 Race Poster.
Cycling BC and the Greater Victoria Velodrome Association would like to welcome you to the 2017 British Columbia Track Championships. This is a Cycling BC sanctioned event, hosted each year by either the Burnaby Velodrome Club or the GVVA.
Track Cycling is spectator-friendly. Admission to watch is free! Come on out and cheer on our future BC champions! This is going to be an exciting weekend of racing with BC’s best track cyclists competing on the Westshore Velodrome, a 333m concrete outdoor track with 28 degree bankings and smooth transitions to the straightaways, built for the 1994 Commonwealth Games.
For 2017, we introduce some significant changes to Omnium format and some modifications to the Keirin event as well as minor rule changes in other events. Riders, please check the Technical Guide for details and consult the UCI web site for exact rule changes.
Day 1 – Friday, August 18th
- 4:00pm Registration open
- 5:30pm Racing Starts
- Team Sprint finals
- Team Pursuit finals
- Open Madison
Day 2 – Saturday, August 19th
- 9:00am – 10:00am Registration open / Track available for warm up
- 10:30am Racing Starts
- Flying 200
- Scratch Race*
- Keirin Heats
- Keirin Finals
- Tempo Race*
- PODIUM PRESENTATION – KEIRIN
- Points Race*
- Colwood Crawl**
- PODIUM PRESENTATION – OMNIUM
- After racing tailgate BBQ – bring your own!
* Omnium Events
** inspired by the Marymoor Crawl
Day 3 – Sunday, August 20th
- 8:00am -8:45am Track available for warm up
- 9:00am Racing Starts
- Time Trial
- Sprint 1⁄4 Final
- Sprint for riders placing 9th and above
- Sprint 5-8
- Sprint 1⁄2 Final – best of 3
- BREAK – Kids Race (under 7 years old – 1 lap)
- Sprint Finals – best of 3
- Individual Pursuit
- Derny Race
- PODIUM PRESENTATIONS
- Registration closed at 4pm August 17th, 2017. No same-day registration will be accepted.
- Racer’s Technical Guide is out now in draft.
- Checkout the detailed race schedule.
- Check out the 2017 Race Poster. You’ll see it around Victoria at your local bike shops and elsewhere.
- Stay up to date on our training events this summer by checking out our calendar and by following us on FaceBook.