The Westshore Velodrome is the ideal place to learn how to ride on a velodrome with its gentle banking and smooth surface. This 2 hours intro-to-track program will get you rolling. You will learn the basic rules, safety, and etiquette of track riding. Track bike rental is included; all you need is your helmet, gloves, and appropriate riding attire (bring your clipless shoes and pedals if you got them). Once you have completed the Learn to Ride clinic, you are eligible to participate in all the club events upon purchasing an annual track pass or pay by drop-in.
GVVA membership is required and can be purchased online on this web site.
For all enquiries including group/corporate/club sessions please contact our LTR director Alex Hui.
There will be a minimum 3 participants required to run a session program. Each session will be capped at 12 participants.
Each session includes 2 hours of track riding on the Westshore Velodrome and complimentary use of a rental track bike.
Sessions take place on Sunday mornings.
What to bring?
- Cycling helmet
- Appropriate cycling apparel – shorts, jersey or similar.
- Cycling shoes, if you have them and your pedals. Otherwise, runners are appropriate for rental bike use.
- Water, snack, sunblock, clothing for weather changes.
- Your track bike, if you have one. Must have fixed cog, and not freewheel. Recommended gearing is 80-86 gear-inches.
For all enquiries, please contact our LTR director firstname.lastname@example.org
Group/Corporate LTRide sessions and rates can be arranged by contacting the LTR director directly by email to email@example.com.
A track bike rental is included in this price. Once you have completed the Learn to Ride program, you can take the Learn to Race in order to prepare for track racing, open track sessions and other events on the track.
- Ability to ride a bicycle – road, mountain bike, bmx, etc. No previous track bike, ‘fixie’, or single-speed bike riding experience is required
- Sundays – 2 hours (9 am to 11 am)
- See dates on product page.
How to Register
Register for Learn to Ride online on this web site. The registration includes your annual general membership.
During the registration process you must agree to our standard waiver. You do not need to download and sign our paper waiver when registering online.
You must pre-register at least one day prior to the event date. Only 12 spots per date!
Attend your Learn to Ride session on the date you selected, and have fun!