The Westshore Velodrome is the ideal place to learn how to ride on a velodrome with its gentle banking and smooth surface. This 2 hours intro-to-track program will get you rolling. You will learn the basic rules, safety, and etiquette of track riding. Track bike rental is included; all you need is your helmet, gloves, and appropriate riding attire (bring your clipless shoes and pedals if you got them). Once you have completed the Learn to Ride clinic, you are eligible to participate in all the club events upon purchasing an annual track pass or pay by drop-in.
The LTR fee includes your annual general membership.
If you are already a GVVA member, you will be refunded the membership fee portion after registering.
2017 Session Details
Each session includes 2 hours of track riding on the Westshore Velodrome and complimentary use of a rental track bike.
Sessions take place on Sunday mornings, 9am to 11am at the Westshore Velodrome.
There will be a minimum 3 participants required to run a session program. Each session will be capped at 12 participants.
- Ability to ride a bicycle – road, mountain bike, bmx, etc. No previous track bike, ‘fixie’, or single-speed bike riding experience is required.
What to bring?
- Cycling helmet
- Appropriate cycling apparel – shorts, jersey or similar.
- Cycling shoes, if you have them and your pedals. Otherwise, runners are appropriate for rental bike use.
- Water, snack, sunblock, clothing for weather changes.
- Your track bike, if you have one. Must have fixed cog, and not freewheel. Recommended gearing is 80-86 gear-inches.
For all enquiries, please contact our LTR director email@example.com